The ship was on a three week dry dock. It will be homeport in Port Canaveral in the fall of 2016. In the meantime, it will continue to sail in the Mediterranean.
Here is a list of the enhancements done to the ship:
- New Broadway show Priscilla Queen of the Desert – The Musical.
- The Cavern Club – New venue that will take you back to Liverpool where the Beatles popularity skyrocketed.
- Renovations to Moderno, La Cucina, Cagney’s, Le Bistro, Manhatten Room, Taste, Garden Cafe.
- Added SplashGolf in the Kids Aqua Park.
- Renovations to Mandara Spa Renovations to Epic Theater.
- Renovations to the Casino.
- Renovations to The Haven.
- Renovations to Bliss Ultra Lounge.
- Renovations to the Marketplace on the Lido deck.
“Norwegian Epic’s extended dry dock has given us the opportunity to not only enhance the ship’s public spaces but to add significant new features,” said Andy Stuart, president and COO of Norwegian Cruise Line. “We continue to heavily invest in our current fleet, to ensure that guests have a consistent experience across all Norwegian ships and the freedom and flexibility to create their ideal cruise vacation.”
Once in Florida the ship will do 7 night Eastern and Western cruise, as well as 3-4 night cruises to the Bahamas.